Sunday 18 May 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 18, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diane McBain and Miriam Margolyes.
Sunny, directed by Herbert Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1941 ?
- Diane McBain: American actress.
- Miriam Margolyes: English-Australian actress and singer.
- Diane McBain in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; actress (Surfside Six, Spinout, Donner Pass).
- M S Longair: Astronomer.
- Grace Zabriskie: Actress.
- Gino Brito: Canadian wrestler and promoter.
- Malcolm Longair: Scottish astronomer physicist and academic.
- Lobby Loyde: Australian guitarist and songwriter (Billy Thorpe & the Aztecs) (d. 2007).
- Ben Nelson: Politician.
- Werner Sombart: German economist and sociologist, the head of the “Youngest Historical School” and one of the leading Continental European social scientists during the first quarter of the 20th century.
- An Egyptian steamer sinks
- Jewish veterans honor their dead
- Italian army under General Aosta surrenders to Britain in Ethiopia.