Sunday 18 May 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diane McBain in Cleveland and M S Longair.
Blood and Sand, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Keys of the Kingdom by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1941 ?
- Diane McBain in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; actress (Surfside Six, Spinout, Donner Pass).
- M S Longair: Astronomer.
- Lobby Loyde: Australian guitarist and songwriter (Billy Thorpe & the Aztecs) (d. 2007).
- Diane McBain: American actress.
- Gino Brito: Canadian wrestler and promoter.
- Malcolm Longair: Scottish astronomer physicist and academic
- Miriam Margolyes: English-Australian actress and singer
- Werner Sombart: German economist and sociologist, the head of the “Youngest Historical School” and one of the leading Continental European social scientists during the first quarter of the 20th century.
- An Egyptian steamer sinks
- Jewish veterans honor their dead
- Italian army under General Aosta surrenders to Britain in Ethiopia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?