Monday 18 December 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 18, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael J Moorcock and Henrica M L "Wiesje" Backer.
Of Mice and Men, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1939 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Henrica M L "Wiesje" Backer: Dutch dancer / actress / playwright.
- Michael J Moorcock: England, United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Alien Heat, Bull & Spear).
- Sandro Lopopolia: Italy -- Lightweight boxer (1960 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Christoffel "Stoffel": van de Merwe; South Africa Minister of Education.
- Sandro Lopopolo
- Michael Moorcock: English author and songwriter.
- Harold Varmus: American biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Matthew Brown: Journalist, dies at 51.