Thursday 25 June 1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Orwell and Pierre Brossolette.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Casper Van Dien, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 June 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1903!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1903 ?
- George Orwell: British novelist and essayist who won his greatest success in 1946 with his amusing and witty anti-communist satire, "Animal Farm," and in 1949 with his shocking and insightful futuristic novel, "1984.
- Pierre Brossolette: French foreign news editor, militant socialist and member of the resistance during the German occupation from 1942-1943.
- Albert Brenet
- Arthur Tracy: Russia -- Street singer (Vincent Lopez Show, Limelight).
- Anne Revere: Actress (National Velvet), dies of pneumonia at 87.
- Boston Beaneater Wiley Piatt is only 20th-century pitcher to lose 2 complete games in one day, falling to Pittsburgh 1-0 and 5-3
- Yanks and White Sox end deadlocked at 6-6 in 18
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1903 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hiawatha - Columbia Orchestra
- I'm a Jonah Man - Arthur Collins