Friday 18 July 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Jersey [de Nijs] and Marcia Jones Smoke.
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Oliver Wiswell by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1941 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Jack Jersey [de Nijs]: Indonesian / Dutch singer / producer.
- Marcia Jones Smoke: Oklahoma, United States -- 500m kayak (1964 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Lonnie Mack in Aurora: Indiana, USA; rocker ("Baby What's Wrong").
- Martha Reeves in Detroit: Michigan, USA; singer (Martha and the Vandellas - "Dancing in the Street").
- Michael Erlewine: American astrologer and co-founder of Matrix with his brother Stephen in 1977.
- Frank Farian: German songwriter and producer
- Lonnie Mack: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Martha Reeves: American singer actress and politician (Martha and the Vandellas and The Fascinations)
- Dionyssios Lavrangas: Composer, dies at 80.
- SS drowns 40 Jews in Dvina River, Belorussia
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?