Wednesday 18 June 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 18, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Lemerre and Antoine de Clermont-Tonnerre.
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 June 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1941 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Roger Lemerre: French football (soccer) manager, who replaced Aimé Jacquet as the head of the French team and led the "Blues" to victory (European championships 2000).
- Antoine de Clermont-Tonnerre
- Bennington (Vermont)
- William Lucking: Actor.
- Delia Smith: English cook and television presenter.
- Paul Mayersberg: English director and screenwriter.
- Joe Louis KOs Billy Conn in 13 for heavyweight boxing title
- Turkey signs peace treaty with Nazi-Germany