Friday 19 July 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 19, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ilie Nastase and Suzanne de Passe.
Black Angel, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Musical Contrasts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1946 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Ilie Nastase
- Suzanne de Passe
- Allan Gorrie
- Ilie Năstase: Romanian tennis champ who played from age eight.
- Suzanne De Passe: American record company executive, the President of Motown.
- Stephen Coonts: American lawyer and author.
- Alan Gorrie: Scottish musician, bass player, singer and band member of the group, Average White Band (AWB.
- Steven Guttman: American developer and CEO in charge of Federal Realty Investment Trust, a re-developer of older strip centers into new malls, likely to be built in established areas.