Friday 19 July 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ilie Nastase and Suzanne de Passe.
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 19 July 1946 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Ilie Nastase
- Suzanne de Passe
- Allan Gorrie
- Steven Guttman: American developer and CEO in charge of Federal Realty Investment Trust, a re-developer of older strip centers into new malls, likely to be built in established areas.
- Ilie Năstase: Romanian tennis champ who played from age eight.
- Stephen Coonts: American lawyer and author.
- Suzanne De Passe: American record company executive, the President of Motown.
- Alan Gorrie: Scottish musician, bass player, singer and band member of the group, Average White Band (AWB.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dinah - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?