Saturday 20 February 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philip Friend and Chick Harbert.
The Italian, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 February 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1915!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1915 ?
- Philip Friend: Horsham, England -- Actor (Vulture, Fur Collar).
- Chick Harbert: American pro golfer and a member of the PGA Hall of Fame.
- Roger Ossart: French World War II veteran, who served as president of "Anciens combattants antifascistes français des Brigades internationales" (French veteran anti-fascist fighters of the International Brigades).
- Francis Rohmer: Colmar physician.
- (to December 4) The Panama-Pacific International Exposition opens in San Francisco. The event is held to celebrate the completion of the Panama Canal, and the 400th anniversary of Vasco Nunez de Balboa's discovery of the Pacific Ocean.
- March ndash The 1915 locust plague breaks out in Palestine it continues until October.
- In San Francisco, CA the Panama-Pacific International Exposition is opened.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When You're Wearing the Ball and Chain - Billy Murray
- Underneath the Japanese Moon - Irving Kaufman
- When the Grown-Up Ladies Act Like Babies (I've Got to Love 'Em, That's All) - Billy Murray