Tuesday 2 February 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Evert Werkman and Abba Eban.
The Birth of a Nation, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1915!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1915 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Evert Werkman: Dutch journalist (Het Parool).
- Abba Eban: Israeli diplomat and politician, and a scholar of the Arabic and Hebrew languages.
- Isabel Freire de Matos: Writer, educator, journalist, and activist of the Independence of Puerto Rico.
- Luis Ramos Yordan: Puerto Rican physician, legislator, and President of the House of Representatives of Puerto Rico from 1973 to 1977.
- Stan Leonard: Canadian professional golfer (d. 2005).
- Khushwant Singh: Indian journalist and author (d. 2014)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Poor Pauline - Arthur Fields
- Chinatown, My Chinatown - Grace Kerns & John Barnes Wells
- He's a Rag Picker - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?