Wednesday 21 February 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter McEnery and Doug Gallagher.
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1940 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Peter McEnery: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Game is Over, Moonspinners).
- Doug Gallagher: American baseball player, left-throwing/right batting pitcher who played nine games for the Detroit Tigers in 1962.
- Christian Constant: French chef and restaurateur, who owns four restaurants each with their own style and chef: Le Violon d'Ingres, Le Café Constant, Les Cocottes de Christian Constant (a restaurant offering traditional recipes cooked in Staub Dutch ovens) and Le Bibent (a brasserie located in Toulouse).
- John Lewis: Politician.
- Peter Gethin: English race car driver (d. 2011).
- Wong Jim: Hong Kong actor screenwriter and composer (d. 2004)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 February 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?