Wednesday 7 February 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 7, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Charles Descubes and Gary Bond.
Castle on the Hudson, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 February 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1940 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Jean-Charles Descubes: French Catholic bishop, the archbishop emeritus of Rouen.
- Gary Bond: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Outback, Zulu, Anne of Thousand Days).
- Tony Tan: Politician.
- Tony Yam: seventh President of the Republic of Singapore.
- British railroads are nationalized.
- RKO Radio Pictures world premieres Disney's second animated feature film, Pinocchio, at the Central Theatre in New York City, USA.
- The second full length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premieres.