Wednesday 7 February 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Charles Descubes and Gary Bond.
My Little Chickadee, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 February 1940 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Jean-Charles Descubes: French Catholic bishop, the archbishop emeritus of Rouen.
- Gary Bond: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Outback, Zulu, Anne of Thousand Days).
- Tony Tan: Politician.
- Tony Yam: seventh President of the Republic of Singapore.
- British railroads are nationalized.
- RKO Radio Pictures world premieres Disney's second animated feature film, Pinocchio, at the Central Theatre in New York City, USA.
- The second full length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premieres.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?