Wednesday 7 February 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Bond and Jean-Charles Descubes.
My Little Chickadee, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1940 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Gary Bond: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Outback, Zulu, Anne of Thousand Days).
- Jean-Charles Descubes: French Catholic bishop, the archbishop emeritus of Rouen.
- Tony Tan: Politician.
- Tony Yam: seventh President of the Republic of Singapore.
- British railroads are nationalized.
- RKO Radio Pictures world premieres Disney's second animated feature film, Pinocchio, at the Central Theatre in New York City, USA.
- The second full length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premieres.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 February 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?