Wednesday 28 February 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 28, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Andretti and Aldo Andretti.
Too Many Husbands, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 February 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1940 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Mario Andretti: Italian-American auto racer along with his twin brother Aldo.
- Aldo Andretti: Italian-American auto racer who began his career in 1956 with his identical twin brother, Mario.
- Joe South: Atlanta, Georgia -- Guitarist / songwriter / singer (Games People Play).
- Joe South in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; guitarist/songwriter/singer ("Games People Play").
- Barry Fantoni: English astrologer author and illustrator.
- Johan C Braakensiek: Dutch political cartoonist, dies at age 81.
- 1st televised basketball game (University of Pittsburgh beats Fordham University, 50-37)
- US population at 131,669,275 (12,865,518 blacks (9.8%))
- Basketball is televised for the first time (Fordham University vs. the University of Pittsburgh in Madison Square Garden).