Saturday 24 February 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 24, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pete Duel and Guy Périllat.
The House of the Seven Gables, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 February 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1940 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Pete Duel: American actor (Born 1940).
- Guy Périllat: French skier.
- Jean-Marie Cavada
- Maria Gabriella : Savoyard princess and noted historian of Italy.
- Guy Perillat: France sport Champion.
- Theo Bosch: Dutch humanist / architect (Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam).
- Denis Law: Scottish footballer and sportscaster.
- Peter Duel: American stage, television, and film actor, best known for his role as outlaw Hannibal Heyes (alias Joshua Smith) in the television series "Alias Smith and Jones.
- Jimmy Ellis: WBA heavyweight boxing champion (1968-70).
- Frances Langford records When You Wish Upon a Star