Saturday 24 February 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Theo Bosch and Peter Duel.
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while The Nazarene by Sholem Asch was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1940 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Theo Bosch: Dutch humanist / architect (Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam).
- Peter Duel: American stage, television, and film actor, best known for his role as outlaw Hannibal Heyes (alias Joshua Smith) in the television series "Alias Smith and Jones.
- Jimmy Ellis: WBA heavyweight boxing champion (1968-70).
- Maria Gabriella : Savoyard princess and noted historian of Italy.
- Guy Périllat: French skier.
- Guy Perillat: France sport Champion
- Denis :
- Pete Duel: American actor (Born 1940)
- Denis Law: Scottish footballer and sportscaster
- Frances Langford records When You Wish Upon a Star
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?