Tuesday 21 October 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claire Sterling and Daniel John Chapman Cunningham.
Blind Husbands, directed by Erich Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1919 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Claire Sterling: Journalist.
- Daniel John Chapman Cunningham: Physiologist.
- Michel Aubriant: French journalist and film critic.
- Armando Francioli: Italian screen actor who has appeared in more than fifty films since 1942.
- Guy Lefranc: French director and screenwriter who died on 1 February 1994 in Saint-Germain-en-Laye, near Paris.
- Guy Méry: French army general, who died on 28 December 1999.
- Jim Wallwork: English-Canadian sergeant and pilot (d. 2013)
- Sven August Korling: Composer, dies at 77.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 October 1919
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Swanee Home - Vivian Holt & Lillian Rosedale
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Sweet Hawaiian Moonlight - Vivian Holt & Lillian Rosedale
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?