Friday 22 November 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 22, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Kombrink and Rich McKinney.
Green for Danger, directed by Sidney Gilliat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 November 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1946 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Hans Kombrink: Sociologist / Dutch Undersecretary of Finance (PvdA).
- Rich McKinney: American baseball player, a right-handed infielder with the Chicago White Sox, New York Yankees, and Oakland Athletics between 1970 and 1977.
- Aston Barrett: Jamaican bass player and songwriter (The Wailers Band and Bob Marley and the Wailers).
- Tony Benn is elected as Treasurer of the Oxford Union.
- Vietnamese riot in Haiphong and clash with French troops. The French cruiser ''Suffren'' opens fire, killing 6,000 Vietnamese.
- The Workers Party of South Korea is founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- It's All Over Now - Peggy Lee
- Hoagy Carmichael - Huggin' and Chalkin'