Saturday 23 November 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 23, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabeth Wiener and Hans Hoekman.
Green for Danger, directed by Sidney Gilliat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 November 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1946 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Elisabeth Wiener
- Bobby L Rush: (Rep-D-Illinois).
- Hans Hoekman: Dutch radio play actor.
- Giorgos Koudas: Greek footballer and manager.
- Diana Quick: London, England -- Actress (Brideshead, Big Sleep, Odd Job).
- Bobby Rush: American soldier and politician.
- Fawzi Husseini: Arabic High Director for Palestine, murdered.
- Gypsy Lady closes at Century Theater NYC after 79 performances
- 34th CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Argonauts defeats Winn Blue Bombers, 28-6
- French Navy fire in Hai Phong, Viet Nam, kills 6,000 civilians.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- It's All Over Now - Peggy Lee
- Hoagy Carmichael - Huggin' and Chalkin'