Monday November 11, 1946, Veteran's Day
US date format: 11/11/1946, UK date format: 11/11/1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see zodiac on November 11, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Clement Attlee (Labour), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Federico Fachinetti and Michele Maffei.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Sooner or Later (You're Gonna Be Comin' Around) by Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra.
Magnificent Doll, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movie released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 11, 1946?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 11, 1946?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Sooner or Later (You're Gonna Be Comin' Around)
- Stan Kenton - It's A Pity To Say Goodnight
- Helen Carroll - Ole Buttermilk Sky
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - Huggin' and Chalkin'
- Jo Stafford - The Things We Did Last Summer
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on November 11, 1946?
On November 11, 1946 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is November 11, 1946?
On November 11, 1946 the zodiac sign was Scorpio.
Who was the US President on November 11, 1946?
On November 11, 1946 the US President was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on November 11, 1946?
On November 11, 1946 the UK Prime Minister was Clement Attlee (Labour).
Who was the Pope on November 11, 1946?
On November 11, 1946 Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on November 11, 1946?
On November 11, 1946 several famous people were born including, Federico Fachinetti, Michele Maffei, Chris Dreja.