Monday 11 November 1946, Veteran's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Federico Fachinetti and Michele Maffei.
Magnificent Doll, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1946 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Federico Fachinetti: Italian entrepreneur, married actress Ornella Muti 6/25/1988.
- Michele Maffei: Belgian swordsman who was a Gold Medal winner at the 1972 Olympics in Monaco.
- Chris Dreja: British musician (The Yardbirds).
- Chip Hawkes: Rocker.
- Al Holbert: American race car driver and team owner (Born 1946).
- Corrine Brown: (Rep-D-Florida).
- Vladimir Alekseyevich Soloviyov: Cosmonaut (Soyuz T-10, T-15, TM-10).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Things We Did Last Summer - Jo Stafford
- Huggin' and Chalkin' - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Helen Carroll
- It's A Pity To Say Goodnight - Stan Kenton
- Sooner or Later (You're Gonna Be Comin' Around) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra