Tuesday 12 November 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 12, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Corrine Brown and Alexandra Charles.
Magnificent Doll, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 November 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1946 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Corrine Brown: Politician.
- Alexandra Charles: Swedish businesswoman.
- Krister Henriksson: Swedish actor.
- 1st autobank (banking by car) forms (Chicago)
- First drive-up bank window established (Chicago, Illinois, USA).
- RKO Radio Pictures releases Disney's animated and live-action feature film Song of the South to theaters. Its premiere is held at Loew's Grand theater in Atlanta, Georgia. The film is based on the book Tales of Uncle Remus by Joel Chandler Harris.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Things We Did Last Summer - Jo Stafford
- Huggin' and Chalkin' - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Helen Carroll
- It's A Pity To Say Goodnight - Stan Kenton
- Sooner or Later (You're Gonna Be Comin' Around) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra