Thursday 7 November 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chrystos and Gordon Eubanks.
Song of the South, directed by Harve Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Josephine Terry's Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 7 November 1946 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chrystos : Native American lesbian writer, a Menominee rights activist and poet.
- Gordon Eubanks: American executive, President and CEO of Symantec Corporation of Cupertino, CA.
- Daniela Giordano: Italian actress who is foremost known for her appearances in the Italian exploitation cinema in the late 1960s and in the 1970s.
- John Aylward: American actor.
- Bal Negre opens at Belasco Theater NYC for 54 performances
- A coin-operated television receiver is displayed in New York City. For the cost of a quarter, one could see various test patterns and a model of "Felix the Cat".
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- The Old Lamp-Lighter - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Put that Kiss Back Where You Found It - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- This is Always - Harry James & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?