Tuesday 23 June 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hannes Wader and Martin Rees.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Windswept Mary by Ellen Chase was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1942!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 June 1942 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Hannes Wader: German singer-songwriter ("Liedermacher").
- Martin Rees: Baron Rees of Ludlow English cosmologist and astrophysicist.
- World War II: Germany's latest fighter, a Focke-Wulf FW190, is captured intact when it mistakenly lands at RAF Pembrey in Wales.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?