Friday 24 August 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nina Ruge and John Culberson.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Bus Stop, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Single Pebble by John Hersey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1956 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Nina Ruge: German journalist, television presenter and author.
- David Whiting: American homicide victim, shot to death by his son, David Jr.
- John Culberson: American lawyer and politician.
- Kevin Dunn: American actor.
- Dick Lee: Singaporean singer-songwriter and playwright.
- 1st non-stop transcontinental helicopter flight arrived Washington DC
- First non-stop transcontinental helicopter flight arrives in Washington DC.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?