Thursday 30 August 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 30, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ismaël Lô and Frans Peeters.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Attack, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Song Of America by George M. Mardikian was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1956 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Ismaël Lô
- Frans Peeters: Belgian trap shooter who won a Bronze Medal in the Seoul Olympics, 1988.
- Jayne Irving: English TV hostess (Live at 3).
- Steve Rauschenberger: American politician, the Republican member of the Illinois State Senate from 1993 to 2007.
- Frank Conniff: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Jose Antonio de Donostia: Composer, dies at 70.
- White mob prevents enrollment of blacks at Mansfield HS, Texas
- The Lake Pontchartrain Causeway opens.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?