Thursday 9 August 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Nimoy .
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
These Wilder Years, directed by Roy Rowland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Birth Of Britain by Winston S. Churchill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1956 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Adam Nimoy: American television director, the son of the actors Leonard Nimoy and Sandra Zober.
- 1st state-wide, state-supported educational TV network, Alabama
- Alabama begins the first US state-wide, state-supported educational TV network.
- South African women demonstrate against pass laws.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?