Wednesday 22 August 1956US date format: 8/22/1956, UK date format: 22/8/1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 22, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Molitor and Jeff Lloyd.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Bus Stop, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Age Of Fighting Sail by C.S. Forester was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1956 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Paul Molitor: American pro baseball player who was...
- Jeff Lloyd: Jockey.
- Claude Barthélemy: French guitarist and composer,...
- Peter Taylor: Australian cricketer.
- Elvis Presley begins filming The Reno Brothers (Love Me Tender)
- President Eisenhower and VP Nixon renominated by Republican Convention in San Francisco
- US President Dwight Eisenhower and Vice President Richard Nixon are renominated by Republican convention in San Francisco, California.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?