Friday 3 August 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 3, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emmanuèle Bondeville and Kirk Brandon.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Canyon River, directed by Harmon Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Afternoon Of An Autocrat by Norah Lofts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1956 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Emmanuèle Bondeville
- Kirk Brandon rocker (Theatre of Hate: Spear of Destiny-Outland).
- Kirk Brandon: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Theatre of Hate Spear of Destiny and Dead Men Walking).
- Todd Christensen: American football player and sportscaster (d. 2013).
- Dave Cloud: American singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2015).
- Balwinder Sandhu: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Willie Williams of the US sets 100 metre dash record at 10.1 seconds.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?