Wednesday 25 January 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dale Mohorcic and Dinah Manoff.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Warning from Space, directed by Kôji Shima, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1956 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Dale Mohorcic: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the Texas Rangers (1986-1988), New York Yankees (1988-1989), and Montreal Expos (1990).
- Dinah Manoff: TV Actress.
- Andy Cox: English guitarist (The Beat and Fine Young Cannibals).
- 96.5 cm (38 inches) of rainfall, Kilauea Plantation, Hawaii (state record).
- 26 – Finnish troops reoccupy Porkkala after Soviet troops vacate its military base. Civilians can return February 4.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?