Tuesday 24 January 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 24, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lounes Matoub and Steven Hasenstabe.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Warning from Space, directed by Kôji Shima, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Island In The Sun by Alec Waugh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 January 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1956 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Lounes Matoub: Algerian Berber Kabyle singer (d. 1998).
- Steven Hasenstabe: American police officer who died in an on-duty accident as a result of an auto chase in August 1989.
- 96.5 cm precipitation at Kilauea Plantation, Hawaii (state record)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?