Friday 27 January 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fred Quillan in Portland and Daniel Belliard.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
The Court Jester, directed by Melvin Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Memoirs by Harry S. Truman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cinépanorama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1956 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Fred Quillan in Portland: Oregon, USA; WLAF offensive coach (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Daniel Belliard: French rapist, nicknamed " the highway rapist" for his method of picking up young girls who were hitchhiking or walking down the roadways.
- Mimi Rogers: American actress.
- Susanne Blakeslee: American actress and singer.
- Erich Kleiber: Austrian conductor and director (d. 1956).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?