Wednesday 11 January 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 11, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Auque and Philippe Chevallier.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Charleys Tante, directed by Hans Quest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 January 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1956 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Roger Auque: French journalist, diplomat, and spy, kidnapped in Beirut on 13 January 1987, freed on 28 November.
- Philippe Chevallier: French comedian and actor best known for his collaboration with Régis Laspalès.
- Phyllis Logan: Scottish actress, best known for playing Mrs Hughes/Carson in "Downton Abbey" and Lady Jane Felsham in "Lovejoy.
- Big Bank Hank: Musician.
- Kuniaki Kobayashi: Wrestler (WAR / NJPW).
- Robert Earl Keen: American singer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?