Friday 21 June 1940US date format: 6/21/1940, UK date format: 21/6/1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 21, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mariette Hartley in New York City and Joe Flaherty in Pittsburgh.
Gaslight, directed by Thorold Dickinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1940 ?
- Joe Flaherty in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; comedian (SCTV, Blue...
- Mariette Hartley in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Poloroid...
- Marie Denis: French homicide victim; shot to death...
- Marika Green: Swedish-French actress.
- Mariette Hartley: American actress.
- German occupiers disband Dutch States-General / Council of State
- The first successful west-to-east navigation of Northwest Passage begins at Vancouver, British Columbia.
- WWII: Vichy France and Germany sign an armistice at Compiegne, in the same wagon-lit railroad car used by Marshal Ferdinand Foch to accept the surrender of Germany in 1918.