Friday 21 June 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Flaherty in Pittsburgh and Mariette Hartley in New York City.
Tom Brown's School Days, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1940 ?
- Joe Flaherty in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; comedian (SCTV, Blue Monday).
- Mariette Hartley in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Poloroid spokesperson, Marooned).
- Marie Denis: French homicide victim; shot to death along with her husband Daniel, her daughter Sabine and two granddaughters by her son-in-law, Sabine's husband, Stephane Bohain on 11/06/1992, 9:00 PM MET, Aubagne, France.
- Marika Green: Swedish-French actress.
- Mariette Hartley: American actress.
- German occupiers disband Dutch States-General / Council of State
- The first successful west-to-east navigation of Northwest Passage begins at Vancouver, British Columbia.
- WWII: Vichy France and Germany sign an armistice at Compiegne, in the same wagon-lit railroad car used by Marshal Ferdinand Foch to accept the surrender of Germany in 1918.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?