Sunday 26 July 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ralph Hunsecker Blane and C Bryant.
The Avenging Conscience: or 'Thou Shalt Not Kill', directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1914 ?
- Ralph Hunsecker Blane: Songwriter.
- C Bryant: American soldier lawyer and politician 34th Governor of Florida (d. 2002).
- Erskine Hawkins: American trumpeter and big band leader (Born 1914).
- Ellis Kinder: American baseball player (d. 1968).
- Austrian-Hungary condemns Serbian ultimatum
- British Minister of Navy Winston Churchill orders British fleet to remain
- German Chief of Staff / General von Moltke states ultimatum on Belgium
- Serbia and Bulgaria interrupt diplomatic relationship.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 July 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Peerless Quartet
- In the Valley of the Moon - Elizabeth Spencer & Vernon Archibald
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?