Saturday 1 June 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luc De Marré and Yehudi Wyner.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1929 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Yehudi Wyner: Composer.
- Luc De Marré: Belgian language teacher: astrologer since 1949; fastidious data collector and researcher.
- Bennett Brown: American finance accountant, business administrator and CEO of C & S / Sovran banking institutions.
- Nargis : Indian actress (d. 1981).
- James Billington: American librarian and academic.
- The 1st Conference of the Communist Parties of Latin America is held in Buenos Aires.