Saturday 29 June 1929US date format: 6/29/1929, UK date format: 29/6/1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 29, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oriana Fallaci and Alexandre Lagoya.
I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen, directed by Not specifed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1929 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Oriana Fallaci: Italian writer, a world-known award-winning journalist whose style is compared to Henry Kissinger.
- Alexandre Lagoya
- Peter George: American weight lifter, the winner of a Gold Medal in the 1952 Olympics and a Silver Medal in the 1956 Olympics.
- Michio Mamaia: Composer.
- Johnny Ace in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; ballad singer ("My Song").
- Pat Brown: American actress.
- 1st high-speed jet wind tunnel completed Langley Field, California
- Mexico and Vatican sign Concord
- First high-speed jet wind tunnel completed, at Langley Field, California, USA.