Sunday 2 June 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frederic Devreese and Alcides Lanza.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1929 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Alcides Lanza: Composer.
- Frederic Devreese: Composer.
- Willaim Brown: Television executive.
- J Floyd: America concert pianist (jazz, classical, avant-garde, and the like), composer, and music pedagogue at the collegiate level.
- Juan Venegas: Puerto Rican boxer notable for winning Puerto Rico's first Olympic medal.
- Norton Juster: American architect author and academic.
- Ken McGregor: Australian tennis player (d. 2007).