Monday 10 June 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James McDivitt in Chicago and Vasile Herman.
Nosferatu, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Peder Victorious by O.E. Rolvaag was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1929 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- James McDivitt in Chicago: Illinois, USA; Brigadier General US Air Force/astronaut (Gemini 4, Apollo 9).
- Vasile Herman: Composer.
- Ian McCahon Sinclair: Australian politician.
- E O Wilson: American biologist.
- Tina Jolas: French translator and ethnologist.
- Dan Kater: American television executive, a Vice President and General Manager of Modern Satellite Network in 1982.
- Harald Juhnke: German actor, comedian and entertainer, well-known.
- James McDivitt: American astronaut, pilot of Gemini 4 when Edward White performed a two-minute space walk 6/03/1965. On Apollo 9, 3/03/1969, with Walter Scott and Richard Schwickart, he performed the first docking with the Lunar Module within earth's atmosphere.
- Ian Sinclair: Australian politician, known as a tough-minded pol. He entered Federal politics by winning the seat of New England on 11/30/1963. On 9/27/1979, he resigned from the cabinet following allegations of misappropriating funds from a family company, of which he was cleared on 8/14/1980 and reinstated as deputy National Country Party Leader. On 1/17/1984, he was elected NCP leader succeeding Doug Anthony. He lost the leadership to Charles Blunton 5/08/989 but remained a backbencher until recalled to th
- Lyudmila Zykina: Russian folk singer of. Born in Moscow, she joined the Pyatnitsky Choir in 1947. Beginning in 1960 she performed solo. She befriended Ekaterina Furtseva, the powerful Minister of Culture of the Soviet Union, and was reputed to be a favourite singer of Leonid Brezhnev. It is known she was a particular favourite of both Kim Il-song and his son Kim Jong-il, performing in Pyongyang six times at the invitation of the Kims. It was also reported that Kim Jong-il was so fond of Zykina that he invited he
- James Mc: Chicago Military man
- E Wilson: American biologist author and academic
- Helene Smith: French psychic (Born 1861).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?