Monday 17 June 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael L Strang and Tigran Petrosyan.
Thunderbolt, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1929 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Michael L Strang: (Rep-R-Colorado, 1985- ).
- Tigran Petrosyan: in USSR; world chess champion (1963-69).
- Pinchas Sadeh: Israeli novelist and poet.
- Ward Ruyslinck: Belgian writer, museum official, novelist, poet, critic.
- Tigran Petrosian: Soviet-Armenian chess player (Born 1929).
- James Shigeta: American actor and singer (d. 2014)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?