Monday 17 June 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tigran Petrossian and François-Mathurin Gourvès.
Thunderbolt, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Roper's Row by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1929!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 June 1929 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Tigran Petrossian
- François-Mathurin Gourvès
- Ward Ruyslinck: Belgian writer, museum official, novelist, poet, critic.
- Bud Collins
- Tigran Petrosian: Soviet-Armenian chess player (Born 1929).
- James Shigeta: American actor and singer (d. 2014).
- Michael L Strang: (Rep-R-Colorado, 1985- ).
- Tigran Petrosyan: in USSR; world chess champion (1963-69).
- Pinchas Sadeh: Israeli novelist and poet.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?