Sunday 16 June 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Kirtland Randall and James Randall.
Thunderbolt, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1929 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- James Kirtland Randall: Composer.
- James Randall: American musician and educator, the author of "Composer Yourself," 1959.
- Ramon Bieri: American actor (d. 2001).
- Pauline Yates: English actress (d. 2015).
- Bramwell Booth: British-American evangelist, the first son of William Booth.
- Otto E Funk, 62, ends marathon walk (NY to SF, 4165 miles in 183 days)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?