Sunday 16 June 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sabah IV of Kuwait and James Randall.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1929 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Sabah IV of Kuwait
- James Randall: American musician and educator, the author of "Composer Yourself," 1959.
- Michel van Schendel
- James Kirtland Randall: Composer.
- Ramon Bieri: American actor (d. 2001).
- Pauline Yates: English actress (d. 2015).
- Bramwell Booth: British-American evangelist, the first son of William Booth.
- Otto E Funk, 62, ends marathon walk (NY to SF, 4165 miles in 183 days)