Friday 14 June 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cy Coleman and Hijacking: TWA Flight 847.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1929 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Cy Coleman: American composer, songwriter and pianist (Born 1929).
- Hijacking: TWA Flight 847
- Cy Coleman [Seymour Kaufman] songwriter ("Witchcraft": "Sweet Charity").
- Tonino Cervi: Italian producer and movie director, son of Gino Cervi.
- Johnny Wilson: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach (d. 2011).
- Prussia and Vatican sign Concord