Saturday 26 October 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 26, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François Duprat and Saigon (Vietnam).
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1940 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- François Duprat
- Saigon (Vietnam)
- Darel Carrier
- Eddie Henderson: American trumpet player and educator.
- John Horgan: author, professor and politician.
- The US P-51 Mustang makes its maiden flight.