Friday 26 September 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fritz Wunderlich and Frederick Andermann.
Check and Double Check, directed by Melville Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1930 ?
- Fritz Wunderlich: German operatic tenor who studied and made his debut in Freiburg in 1954.
- Frederick Andermann
- Michele Giordano: Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal and archbishop of Naples, one of Italy's leading churchmen.
- Joe Brown: English mountaineer and author.
- Philip Bosco in Jersey City: Jersey, USA; actor (Trading Places).
- Fritz Wunderlich in Kusel: Germany; tenor (Stuttgart 1955-58).
- Philip Bosco: American actor, his films include "Working Girl," "Three Men & A Baby," "Suspect," and "Children of a Lesser God".
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?