Friday 26 September 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philip Bosco in Jersey City and Fritz Wunderlich in Kusel.
Check and Double Check, directed by Melville Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1930 ?
- Philip Bosco in Jersey City: Jersey, USA; actor (Trading Places).
- Fritz Wunderlich in Kusel: Germany; tenor (Stuttgart 1955-58).
- Philip Bosco: American actor, his films include "Working Girl," "Three Men & A Baby," "Suspect," and "Children of a Lesser God".
- Michele Giordano: Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal and archbishop of Naples, one of Italy's leading churchmen.
- Fritz Wunderlich: German operatic tenor who studied and made his debut in Freiburg in 1954.
- Joe Brown: English mountaineer and author
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 September 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?