Tuesday 23 September 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Charles and Colin Blakely.
Up the River, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1930 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Ray Charles: American musician, a singer, composer and pianist, a 12-time Grammy winner.
- Colin Blakely: Bangor, North Ireland -- Actor (Shattered, Equus, King Lear).
- Pyotr Ivanovich Kolodin: Cosmonaut (Soyuyz 7, 10, 11 backup).
- Ray Charles in Albany: Georgia, USA; singer/pianist ("Georgia").
- Edward Kimball: American Mormon historian and biographer, an emeritus law professor at Brigham Young University (BYU) who has written biographies of his father, Spencer W. Kimball, and his mother, Camilla Eyring Kimball.
- Sehba Akhtar: Pakistani poet and songwriter (d. 1996).
- Jonkvrouw Catharina AM de Savornin Lohman: Author, dies at 62.