Saturday 27 September 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Françoise Xenakis and Alan Shugart.
Extravagance, directed by Phil Rosen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 September 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1930 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Françoise Xenakis
- Alan Shugart
- Igor Kipnis: Berlin, Germany -- Harpsichordist / professor (Fairfield).
- Roger Birch: Chief Constable (Sussex).
- Jack Reichert: American merchandise marketer and CEO in charge of Brunswick, Inc.
- Paul Reichmann: Austrian-Canadian businessman founded Olympia and York (d. 2013).
- 34th US Golf Amateur Championship won by Bobby Jones
- Bobby Jones wins the U.S. Amateur Championship to complete the Grand Slam of golf. The old structure of the grand slam was the U.S. Open, British Open, U.S. Amateur, and British Amateur.
- İsmet İnönü forms new government in Turkey. (6th government)