Tuesday 16 September 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Francis and Merab Mamardashvili.
Whoopee!, directed by Thornton Freeland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1930 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Anne Francis: American magazine cover girl at age five, she was a full-time pro model by seven; she had her Broadway debut at eleven and had landed a Hollywood contract by age sixteen.
- Merab Mamardashvili: Philosopher.
- Ken Coates: MEP (Labour).
- Marcel Dupre: French organist and composer (Born 1886).
- Phillies trailing 10-5, score 5 in 9th, then Pirates score 4 in top of 10th, so Phillies score 5 in bottom of 10th to win 15-14