Tuesday 16 September 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Coates and Anne Francis.
Madam Satan, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1930 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Ken Coates: MEP (Labour).
- Anne Francis: American magazine cover girl at age five, she was a full-time pro model by seven; she had her Broadway debut at eleven and had landed a Hollywood contract by age sixteen.
- Marcel Dupre: French organist and composer (Born 1886).
- Phillies trailing 10-5, score 5 in 9th, then Pirates score 4 in top of 10th, so Phillies score 5 in bottom of 10th to win 15-14
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Star Dust - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?