Sunday 21 September 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dawn Addams and Georges Meyer.
Whoopee!, directed by Thornton Freeland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1930 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Dawn Addams: British actress on-screen from 1951 in international films with three years in Hollywood.
- John Kennedy: American merchandise marketer and CEO in charge of Federal Paper Board, a wood pulp manufacturing company.
- Georges Meyer: French business leader, head of the Galeries Lafayette Group from 1987 until his death in 1998.
- John Morgan: Welsh-Canadian actor and screenwriter (d. 2004).
- Bob Stokoe: English footballer and manager (d. 2004).
- Johann Ostermeyer patents the flashbulb.