Wednesday 24 September 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 24, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucien Bérardini and John W Young.
Up the River, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 September 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1930 ?
- Lucien Bérardini: French mountain climber, an alpinist.
- John W Young: American astronaut.
- John W Young in San Francisco: California, USA; astronaut (Gemini 3 10, Apollo 10 16, STS 1 9).
- Jozef Krupinski: Polish poet (d. 1998).
- John Young: American astronaut and co-pilot on Gemini 3 in 1965 and Commander of the Mission Gemini 10 in 1966.
- Ray Charles: Musician.
- Angelo Muscat: Maltese-English actor (d. 1977).
- Benjamin Romualdez: Filipino politician and diplomat (d. 2012).
- Józef Krupiński: Polish poet and author (d. 1998).
- John Watts Young: San Francisco, California -- Astronaut (Gem 3 10, Apol 10 16, STS 1 9).
- William A MacCorkle: Governor of West Virginia (Born 1857).
- Portsmouth beats Brooklyn in first NFL game played under floodlights.