Wednesday 24 September 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucien Bérardini and John W Young.
Extravagance, directed by Phil Rosen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 September 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1930 ?
- Lucien Bérardini: French mountain climber, an alpinist.
- John W Young: American astronaut.
- Jozef Krupinski: Polish poet (d. 1998).
- John Young: American astronaut and co-pilot on Gemini 3 in 1965 and Commander of the Mission Gemini 10 in 1966.
- John Watts Young: San Francisco, California -- Astronaut (Gem 3 10, Apol 10 16, STS 1 9).
- Angelo Muscat: Maltese-English actor (d. 1977).
- Benjamin Romualdez: Filipino politician and diplomat (d. 2012).
- Józef Krupiński: Polish poet and author (d. 1998).
- John W Young in San Francisco: California, USA; astronaut (Gemini 3 10, Apollo 10 16, STS 1 9).
- William A MacCorkle: Governor of West Virginia (Born 1857).
- Portsmouth beats Brooklyn in first NFL game played under floodlights.