Wednesday 24 September 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucien Bérardini and John W Young.
Whoopee!, directed by Thornton Freeland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1930 ?
- Lucien Bérardini: French mountain climber, an alpinist.
- John W Young: American astronaut.
- John W Young in San Francisco: California, USA; astronaut (Gemini 3 10, Apollo 10 16, STS 1 9).
- Jozef Krupinski: Polish poet (d. 1998).
- John Young: American astronaut and co-pilot on Gemini 3 in 1965 and Commander of the Mission Gemini 10 in 1966.
- Józef Krupiński: Polish poet and author (d. 1998).
- Angelo Muscat: Maltese-English actor (d. 1977).
- Benjamin Romualdez: Filipino politician and diplomat (d. 2012).
- John Watts Young: San Francisco, California -- Astronaut (Gem 3 10, Apol 10 16, STS 1 9).
- William A MacCorkle: Governor of West Virginia (Born 1857).
- Portsmouth beats Brooklyn in first NFL game played under floodlights.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?