Wednesday 24 September 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Watts Young and John W Young in San Francisco.
Whoopee!, directed by Thornton Freeland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1930 ?
- John Watts Young: San Francisco, California -- Astronaut (Gem 3 10, Apol 10 16, STS 1 9).
- John W Young in San Francisco: California, USA; astronaut (Gemini 3 10, Apollo 10 16, STS 1 9).
- Jozef Krupinski: Polish poet (d. 1998).
- John W Young: American astronaut.
- Lucien Bérardini: French mountain climber, an alpinist.
- John Young: American astronaut and co-pilot on Gemini 3 in 1965 and Commander of the Mission Gemini 10 in 1966. He was navigator with Apollo 10 in 1969 and Commander of Apollo 16 in 1972 for the Moon landing. Together with Gus Grissom, they were the first astronauts to vary the orbit of their spaceship by manual control 3/23/1965.
- Józef Krupiński: Polish poet and author (d. 1998)
- Angelo Muscat: Maltese-English actor (d. 1977)
- Benjamin Romualdez: Filipino politician and diplomat (d. 2012)
- William A MacCorkle: Governor of West Virginia (Born 1857).
- Portsmouth beats Brooklyn in first NFL game played under floodlights.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 September 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?