Sunday 28 September 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robin Buchanan and Ugo Gregoretti.
Check and Double Check, directed by Melville Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1930 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Robin Buchanan: CEO (NHS Supplies Auth, Wessex Regional Health Auth).
- Ugo Gregoretti: Italian film, television and stage director, actor, screenwriter, author and television host, who has directed 20 films since 1956.
- Lucien Mias: France sport Champion.
- Immanuel Wallerstein: American sociologist author and academic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 September 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?