Sunday 28 September 1930US date format: 9/28/1930, UK date format: 28/9/1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 28, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robin Buchanan and Ugo Gregoretti.
Up the River, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1930 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Robin Buchanan: CEO (NHS Supplies Auth, Wessex Regional Health Auth).
- Ugo Gregoretti: Italian film, television and stage director, actor, screenwriter, author and television host, who has directed 20 films since 1956.
- Lucien Mias: France sport Champion.
- Immanuel Wallerstein: American sociologist author and academic.