Monday 8 September 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emilio Azcarraga Milmo and Jeanette Altwegg.
Storm Over Asia, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1930 ?
- Emilio Azcarraga Milmo: Media tycoon.
- Jeanette Altwegg: England, United Kingdom -- Figure skater (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Nguyen Cao Ky: South Vietnamese politician.
- Robert W Firestone: American clinical psychologist, author of a number of books about psychological defenses, and visual artist.
- Mario Adorf: Swiss actor, a husky character actor of German and international films.
- Nguyen Ky: Vietnamese general and politician 16th Prime Minister of the Republic of Vietnam (d. 2011)
- Robert Firestone: American psychologist and author
- 1st appearance of comic strip Blondie
- Richard Drew creates Scotch tape
- New York City public schools begin teaching Hebrew.
- 3M begins marketing Scotch transparent tape.
- First appearance of the comic strip Blondie.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 September 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?