Monday 8 September 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Adorf and Jeannette Altwegg.
Storm Over Asia, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 8 September 1930
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 8 September 1930. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1930 ?
- Mario Adorf: Swiss actor, a husky character actor of German and international films.
- Jeannette Altwegg
- Nguyen Cao Ky: South Vietnamese politician.
- Robert W Firestone: American clinical psychologist, author of a number of books about psychological defenses, and visual artist.
- Emilio Azcarraga Milmo: Media tycoon.
- Robert Firestone: American psychologist and author.
- Nguyen Ky: Vietnamese general and politician 16th Prime Minister of the Republic of Vietnam (d. 2011).
- Jeanette Altwegg: England, United Kingdom -- Figure skater (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- 1st appearance of comic strip Blondie
- Richard Drew creates Scotch tape
- New York City public schools begin teaching Hebrew.
- 3M begins marketing Scotch transparent tape.
- First appearance of the comic strip Blondie.