Monday 8 September 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Adorf and Jeannette Altwegg.
Storm Over Asia, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while The Woman of Andros by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 September 1930 ?
- Mario Adorf: Swiss actor, a husky character actor of German and international films.
- Jeannette Altwegg
- Jeanette Altwegg: England, United Kingdom -- Figure skater (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Nguyen Cao Ky: South Vietnamese politician.
- Robert W Firestone: American clinical psychologist, author of a number of books about psychological defenses, and visual artist.
- Nguyen Ky: Vietnamese general and politician 16th Prime Minister of the Republic of Vietnam (d. 2011).
- Robert Firestone: American psychologist and author.
- Emilio Azcarraga Milmo: Media tycoon.
- 1st appearance of comic strip Blondie
- Richard Drew creates Scotch tape
- New York City public schools begin teaching Hebrew.
- 3M begins marketing Scotch transparent tape.
- First appearance of the comic strip Blondie.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?