Friday 27 August 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Meert and James Molyneaux.
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while A Man for the Ages by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1920 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Introduction and Tarantelle - Jascha Heifetz
- So Long, Oo-Long (How Long You Gonna Be Gone) - Frank Crumit
- All the Boys Love Mary - Van & Schenck
- The Love Nest - John Steel
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?