Saturday 27 January 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 27, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arne Naess and Lawrence Durrell.
How a Mosquito Operates, directed by Winsor McCay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 January 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1912 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Lawrence Durrell: Writer.
- Arne Naess: Norwegian philosopher (d. 2009).
- Arne Næss: Norwegian philosopher who coined the term deep ecology and was an important intellectual and inspirational figure within the environmental movement of the late twentieth century.
- Andr? Ledoux: Besan?on physician.
- Francis Rogallo: American engineer invented the Rogallo wing (d. 2009).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Knock Wood - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Wedding Glide - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Harbor of Love - Frank Coombs & William H. Thompson