Saturday 27 January 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arne Naess and Arne Næss.
Homer's Odyssey, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1912 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Arne Naess: Norwegian philosopher (d. 2009).
- Arne Næss: Norwegian philosopher who coined the term deep ecology and was an important intellectual and inspirational figure within the environmental movement of the late twentieth century.
- Andr? Ledoux: Besan?on physician.
- Francis Rogallo: American engineer invented the Rogallo wing (d. 2009).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Wedding Glide - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Harbor of Love - Frank Coombs & William H. Thompson
- Knock Wood - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?