Thursday 27 January 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 27, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hold It Against Me by Britney Spears.
A Little Bit of Heaven, directed by Nicole Kassell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic or Conduit 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 January 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 27 January 2011 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 January
- An 18-year old Palestinian, Fadi Kaddous, is shot to death during a clash with Israeli settlers in the West Bank. (''Haaretz'')
- A small explosion occurs in the basement of a hotel in Davos, Switzerland, close to where the World Economic Forum is taking place. No one is injured and a boiler is blamed. (Channel News Asia)
- Iran's state-run news channel Press TV's account is frozen by National Westminster Bank in the UK no reason was given. (Zee News)
- Internet retailer Overstock.com has amended its complaint in a long-standing lawsuit against Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch to demand treble damages under New Jersey's racketeering statute. Merrill Lynch is a subsidiary of Bank of America. (Press Release)
- Giant media conglomerate News Corp. says it will launch a digital newspaper as content of Apple's iPad, on 2 February. This is a later launch date than many had expected. (Reuters)
- Ten construction workers die after falling from the 28th floor of a skyscraper being built in Manila, the Philippine capital. (''The Straits Times'')
- The Australian government proposes a new ampquotflood taxampquot to raise funds for reconstruction work following severe flooding in the east of the country. (Al Jazeera)
- Murder of David Kato:
- Ugandan gay rights activist David Kato, who was named in tabloid paper ''Rolling Stone'' last year, is found murdered. (''The Irish Times'')
- ''Rolling Stone'' says it has ampquotno regrets about the storyampquot and claims to be ampquotjust exposing people who were doing wrongampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- Hundreds of thousands of government workers protest against the killing of Yashwant Sonawane, an official in Maharashtra, a murder which is said to have shocked people across India. (BBC)
- Macau tycoon Stanley Ho is to sue relatives accused of trying to steal his vast casino empire. (Reuters)
- A court in Botswana rules that indigenous Bushmen can drill wells for water in the Kalahari Desert. (Gabz FM Botswana)
- 2011 Egyptian protests:
- Unrest in Egypt enters its third day. (Al Jazeera)
- More than 1,000 people are arrested. (Xinhua)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- Tens of thousands of people protest in the Yemeni capital Sana'a calling for an end to the government of President Ali Abdullah Saleh. (BBC)
- 2010–2011 Tunisian uprising:
- Lebanese prime minister Najib Mikati begins consultations on forming a new government. (AFP via Google News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Ke$ha - We R Who We R
- P!nk - Raise Your Glass
- The Time (Dirty Bit) - The Black Eyed Peas
- Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No BS - Chris Brown
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Deutsche Bank foreclosed on the home of Sgt. James B. Hurley and his wife in violation of a law intended to protect service members from such actions while they are overseas. [..]
Mikhail B. Khodorkovsky, once head of a Russian oil company, responded to written questions from four European newspapers. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.55
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $94.65
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $81.94
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.98
- 1 CHF = 6.9622 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6278 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9513 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.535 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?