Monday 27 September 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Conrad and Wolfgang Spier.
Ginger Snaps, directed by firstlook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 September 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1920 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- William Conrad: American actor (Cannon), dies of a heart attack at age 73 (born 1920).
- Wolfgang Spier: German stage/film/tv/cabaret actor, director, quizmaster.
- William Conrad Louisville Kentucky: USA; actor (Bullwinkle Show, Cannon).
- J K Gill: President (Saatchi & Saatchi).
- Wolfgan Spier: Germany Actor.
- Carlo Dalla Chiesa: Italian general, distinguished for his fight against the Red Brigade.
- Jayne Meadows: American actress.
- Polish–Soviet War: Bolshevist Russia sues for peace with Poland.
- The first domestic radio sets come to stores in the United States a Westinghouse radio costs $10.
- Adolf Hitler makes his first public political speech, in Austria.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- When Night Descends - John McCormack